Rental Car Transportation:
We provide car shipping for:
Types of car shipping:
Car transport locations:
or Call Now (888) 725-0005
Thank you SAKAEM Logistics for delivering my car safely to me! You made it so easy! I will definitely be calling you again when I buy my new car!
The entire process was world-class and left me with the same type of feeling I have when I buy a new suit at Nordstrom's! Thanks for all your help Dawn. Sakaem is lucky to have such a professional like you on their team!
I was very satisfied with using SAKAEM Logistics to move my SUV from Georgia to New Jersey! Awesome job guys I would highly recommend!
If you're seeking for a slower pace of life, Connecticut may be the place for you. Rolling hills, small and medium-sized communities, and a more tranquil sense of place may all be found here. Many individuals choose to move here from the northeast hub's major cities of New York City, Philadelphia, and Boston, as well as the neighbouring state of Rhode Island, with good reason: Connecticut is a particularly family-oriented state with clean and wholesome living. The larger cities of Hartford, New Haven, and Stamford have all of the amenities of city living, but New London, New Britain, Avon, and West Hartford are great for establishing roots if you want to totally immerse yourself in suburbia.
Whether you're visiting Quaker country to get a glimpse of life in the past or perusing the many communities of New Haven and New Britain in search of a place to call home, you'll want to bring your trusty car along. And for that, you'll need a dependable Connecticut automobile shipping service.
Because many individuals drive their cars to Connecticut from the city, there are a few options to consider when it comes to Connecticut car transportation.
• Find the most cost-effective mode of transportation: There's no point in paying a lot of money to move your car, truck, van, or SUV if you're only going a short distance. If you're coming straight from the city, find an economical Connecticut auto shipping firm that can complete the task quickly. Read BBB verified reviews of the company you're studying on internet vehicle transport review sites. You don't want to deal with a lousy driver or a bad organisation, especially if you're shipping a valuable car or expensive heavy equipment.
• Gather all relevant information: Because you're aiming for a rapid transaction, double-check that all of your paperwork for your Connecticut auto shipping order is in order. If you have everything you need ahead of time, from your car title to a copy of your insurance and driver's licence, the procedure of getting your car on the carrier will be lot faster.
• Search the area for auto shipping depots: If you don't want to spend the extra money for delivery to your front door – a luxury you might want to treat yourself to – you'll need to scout the area for the nearest auto shipping terminal so you can promptly pick your car from the driver.
If you want to visit Connecticut in the near future, auto transport is one of your finest possibilities. It's also ideal for people who are relocating to the area and want to cross something off their to-do list. If you have a lot of other things to move, Connecticut auto transport will make sure your automobile arrives on schedule while you take care of the rest of your responsibilities.
For additional information on exporting your car to Connecticut, go to the Connecticut Department of Transportation's website.
A1 Auto Carry can handle customs, arrange for a ship to transport your Connecticut car overseas, and have a carrier pick it up from the harbour when it reaches in the other nation, in addition to the actual shipping.
Before you decide on international auto transport, be aware of import taxes. Some governments aim to deter car imports by imposing exorbitant charges. Before shipping your car, find out how much it will cost.
Call our office to negotiate the shipment after you've confirmed the price is within your budget. There are a few paperwork you'll need to prepare as well, which our experts will explain over the phone.
If you want to ensure that your Connecticut luxury or vintage car is totally safeguarded, enclosed car shipment is the finest solution. Even though it may be more expensive than hiring an open carrier, cars are safer in a well-equipped covered truck from prying eyes, weather conditions, scratches, dirt, or debris.
In addition, moving your antique or vintage car with an enclosed carrier is significantly faster than with an open carrier, as it often houses fewer automobiles and thus requires less stops, lengthier routes, and so on.
The most that can happen to your automobile during transportation, regardless of whether you choose open or enclosed auto shipping, is a few of bumps or scrapes.
It will be exposed to the elements, road debris, and other factors if it is transported on an open trailer. This, however, is identical to how it is exposed when you drive it every day.
However, unlike driving it, the miles do not accumulate on an auto carrier, and there is no risk of a flat tyre or something breaking. Beams and surrounding autos also provide some weather protection, ensuring that your car reaches at its destination safely.
To acquire an auto shipment quote/price estimate, we recommend utilising our 'Get a quick quote' form or calling us directly. Both variations are quick to complete. If you're using our form, be sure to fill out all of the fields, and if you're calling us directly, make sure to express your need in full.
Despite having a huge fleet of carriers, we may be fully booked in the near future, particularly during peak season (summer). It, if you're interested in using our services, the sooner you do so, the better. Call immediately to ensure that we will be accessible on the date you require.
When shipping an automobile to or from Connecticut, the distance the car must travel is the most critical element impacting the cost. The farther the distance, the more the car will cost to ship.
The size and weight of the car, as well as any specific shipping needs, can all effect shipping prices (e.g., insurance, etc.).
You may get a general idea of the cost of transporting your car to or from Connecticut using an online shipping calculator. Keep in mind that, depending on real shipping conditions, the ultimate cost may be greater or lower than the estimate.
There are a few things to consider before having your vehicle towed to or from Connecticut.
To begin, make sure you hire a reliable business with interstate towing experience to or from Connecticut. Many firms claim to be able to handle interstate towing, but not all of them offer the same level of service.
It's also vital to remember that Connecticut and other states have various rules and regulations. Make sure you know the laws in both the state you're leaving and the state you'll be visiting. A competent shipping business should be well-versed in these rules.
It doesn't matter if you're new to Connecticut or have a brand new car; it must be registered in order to be utilised freely in the state. For your first visit to the state, the registration process is simple.
One of the prerequisites for registering a car with the Connecticut DMV is that it has appropriate insurance.
If you're moving to Connecticut from another state, you'll have roughly 60 days to complete the transfer of your old car registration to the DMV.
New Connecticut citizens must have their VIN confirmed and pass an emissions test at a testing facility before they may register. There are a few exceptions, all of which are dependent on the car you're driving.
After you've finished the basic steps, visit your local DMV office and bring the necessary documents:
• Registration Certificate for the Vehicle,
• Inspection report (VIN),
• Valid Connecticut insurance identification card
• Any approved form of identification (Valid ID, DL, Military Identification Card),
• Pay any fees that are due.
Reminder: Make sure you don't have any outstanding parking fines, taxes, or a record of your registration being suspended previously.
You will have 30 days after becoming a new Connecticut resident to complete the transfer process from your prior state to a Connecticut licence.
You must meet the state's standards to register it in Connecticut as part of CT's compliance.
The registration will be rejected for the following reasons:
• Your vehicle registration has been revoked.
• You owe overdue tax obligations.
• You keep track of unpaid parking tickets.
• It failed Connecticut's emissions tests.
Vehicles, both used and new
Before you begin the registration procedure, you must do the following:
• Take the vehicle to an emission testing centre for the test.
• Visit a station to get your VIN verified to check if you're eligible for an exemption from an emission test.
After passing the test or completing the VIN verification, take the following documents to your local service centre or Connecticut's DMV office:
• A properly completed Registration Application form and a Certificate of Ownership.
• Pre-owned vehicle registration certificate and current title certification
• A sale agreement.
• A valid Connecticut insurance identification card
• The insurance company may request this ID card, and your name must appear on it.
• Any valid identification card (driver's licence, learner's permit, ID card).
• Registration fees must be paid.
Vehicle Acquisition (Private Individual)
After you've made your purchase, keep the following in mind, especially if you're dealing with a private individual:
• If the previous owner's registration has expired and the plates have been relinquished, the buyer must register the vehicle and request that the title be transferred to his name before he can drive it.
• If the previous owner of the vehicle has not returned the licence plates, they may be utilised without trouble. The title must be endorsed promptly, and the vehicle must be listed under the new owner.
• If the previous owner was unable to register the vehicle for an extended period of time and an emissions test is required, the buyer must contact the DMV office to file for a preliminary registration and finish the registration.
When it comes to registering a leased vehicle, follow the same steps as you would for registering a used or new vehicle. Additional information is also required, as indicated below:
• The Connecticut DMV's leasing licence.
• An original copy of the POA paperwork (not a replica) stating who is authorised to sign documents on behalf of the leasing office.
A Connecticut insurance ID card can be listed in the leasing office's name or in the name of the new owner. The insurance card should be listed under the leasing office if the vehicle will be utilised for test driving.
The address and name of the leasing office should be mentioned on the form. (Application for a Title and Registration Certificate). The document must be signed by the POA.
The owner of the car must renew the registration when it expires. If it hasn't been renewed in more than two years, the owner should go to the nearest CT DMV office and provide the following information:
• Bring your registration renewal notice and your licence plate number.
• DL of Connecticut
• There should be no concerns with the vehicle's compliance, such as unpaid property taxes, parking penalties, or emission test requirements.
• Payment of the registration cost plus a $10 late fee. If the car registration has been lapsed for more than two years, you must fill out a form to obtain a document containing the title and original registration. The new owner must install the new plates on his vehicle.
If the registration period has ended, you may obtain a preliminary registration (especially when it needs an emissions test or safety evaluation).
When you need to register a car, you must follow the same methods outlined above. You must, however, state that you are requesting temporary vehicle registration papers for inspection purposes.
Please remember that temporary registration cannot be extended. As a result, within 10 days of receiving the registration document, you must perform the emissions test or safety inspection.
Connecticut registration fees: The state's car registration fees vary depending on the type of vehicle.
Fees are as follows:
• 80 dollars valid for two years for passenger automobiles.
• Business cars: One-year rental starts at 47 dollars (price differs depending on its weight)
• Motorcycles: 42 dollars for a two-year period.
• Trailers (for personal use): 19 dollars for a two-year period.
• Snowmobiles: 20 bucks for a two-year period.
• Electric vehicles: 38 dollars for a two-year period.
Other fees to consider include:
• The Clean Air Fund charges a fee of ten dollars.
• The annual park fee is $5 USD.
• Environment (Gas Fee Reduction): 5 dollars
• There is a $10 late fee.
• Processing fee charged by the municipality or contractor: maximum of $8 USD.
New residents must pay the following fees:
• 20 bucks for emissions testing
• Evaluation fee for Vehicle Identification Numbers: ten dollars (cars that are exempted from the emissions test).
Car registration for military personnel in Connecticut: A military member on active duty may register a vehicle while out of state and will be exempt from some fees.
If you live out of state, you can usually register a vehicle by mail.
Include the following:
• A recent military identification card from the United States.
• A recent CT insurance identification card (either the leasing company's or your name should be listed).
• A title certificate application and registration form.
• Documentation on the Federal Odometer (if sold from a dealership).
• A deed of sale or a paid invoice (if newly purchased).
• An application for a waiver of the registration fee (for those serving in the US Military Armed Forces).
• An original document identifying the manufacturer's origin that is assigned to the owner for new automobiles.
• An out-of-state document with the new owner's information for pre-owned autos.
• An out-of-state vehicle identification number form (needs to be acknowledged by a law enforcement representative).
Reminder: Unless an exemption applies, a pre-owned vehicle must pass an emissions test at a testing centre before being registered.
Military vehicles are free from paying fees. Active duty military personnel are exempt from certain charges:
• Fees for renewal and new registration.
• Provisional plate charge.
• Fees for safety plates
• Clean Air Fund contribution
Replacing a lost Connecticut vehicle registration: If your Connecticut vehicle registration has been lost, damaged, or stolen, you can acquire a duplicate copy by mail or in person.
Connecticut has a long history of firsts, including the first colour television in 1954, the first American sewing machine in 1846, the first telephone book in 1878 (which listed only 50 people and businesses on a single piece of cardboard), and the first set speed limit in 1901—at a whopping 12 miles per hour.
Millions of tourists visit the state each year to see its historical landmarks, prestigious academic institutions, and nautical attractions. Bring your own vehicle as a reliable mode of transportation if you don't want to go across the state at 12 miles per hour (don't worry, the speed restriction has since been altered.).
Are you getting ready for a long-term visit or a permanent move to Connecticut? Whether you want to explore the state in your car, truck, or powersport vehicle, don't sweat about hauling it yourself. Ship the vehicle and it will be waiting for you when you arrive! Professional auto transport has a number of advantages.
When shipping an automobile to or from Connecticut, keep the following factors in mind: distance travelled, time of year, precise pick-up and drop-off locations, and vehicle year and type. These factors may influence the mode of transportation, any specific accommodations required, and the cost. When you begin your investigation, have these information handy.
Before you hand over your keys to a driver and allow them drive away with your car, make sure you're working with a reliable firm. Check for BBB listings, read customer reviews, and inquire about state and federal licencing. Both the Federal Motor Carrier Safety Administration (FMCSA) and the United States Department of Transportation (USDOT) should be contacted (USDOT).
You might also use a broker to help you choose the perfect automobile carrier for your needs. Every year, Sakaem Logistics Auto Transport transports thousands of vehicles throughout the country. Get a quick quote for your auto shipping in Connecticut or speak with one of our customer service professionals at (888) 725-0005.
• The state's official moniker is "Constitution State," but its unofficial nickname is "Nutmeg State," because early sailors brought the seed back from overseas voyages.
• In 1806 native Hartfordian Noah Webster created the American English dictionary, today known as the Webster Dictionary, among other firsts.
• The PEZ Candy Company in Orange, Connecticut is open seven days a week, with memorabilia and the world's largest PEZ dispenser on display!
• Theodore Roosevelt was the first president of the United States to ride in a car while in office, stopping in Pope Park in Hartford to address a crowd of 10,000 workers.
• The Hartford Courant, which began publication in 1764, is the oldest continually published newspaper in the United States.
• Scoville Memorial Library, founded in 1895 as the country's first publicly funded library, is another Connecticut first. It has around 30,000 books, microfilm, maps, and other items in its collection.
• The Lake Compounce theme park in Bristol contains a 1927 wooden roller coaster and a 1911 carousel, as well as other family-friendly attractions.
• Actor, director, and playwright William Hooker Gillette erected an 84-acre estate including Gillette Castle, a 24-room residence designed to seem like a mediaeval castle.
• The USS Nautilus, commissioned in 1954, was the world's first nuclear-powered submarine. The Submarine Force Library and Museum in Groton still honours it now.
• New Haven's Louis' Lunch claims to have originated the hamburger. It has been family-run since 1895 and is still open to the public.
• Yale University is a private Ivy League research university that was founded in 1701. It is well-known for its outstanding theatre and music performances.
• The Wadsworth Atheneum is a Hartford art museum with rotating exhibits that guests can tour independently or with a guide.
• The classic 1852 novel Uncle Tom's Cabin was written by Harriet Beecher Stowe. The cottage where she lived for the last 23 years of her life is now open to the public.
• The Mark Twain House, located around the corner from the Harriet Beecher Stowe House, is where the author lived with his family from 1875 to 1891.
• Mystic Seaport is America's largest maritime museum, with a significant collection of ships, including the Charles S. Morgan, the world's last wooden whaling ship.
Years of Combined Experience
Quick return. Good customer service. Good communication. Vehicle arrived on time. Good doing business with you. Transported from Indiana to Texas.
Bought my truck online and had Sakaem move it from dealership to my home. Matthew was true to his word and provided great service. Excellent car shipping!
Simple and easy to ship my car from FL to MI. Will definitely use them again next year. Good communication and fast service. Sakaem made it sup
Necessary cookies are absolutely essential for the website to function properly. These cookies ensure basic functionalities and security features of the website, anonymously.
Functional cookies help to perform certain functionalities like sharing the content of the website on social media platforms, collect feedbacks, and other third-party features.
Performance cookies are used to understand and analyze the key performance indexes of the website which helps in delivering a better user experience for the visitors.
Analytical cookies are used to understand how visitors interact with the website. These cookies help provide information on metrics the number of visitors, bounce rate, traffic source, etc.
Advertisement cookies are used to provide visitors with relevant ads and marketing campaigns. These cookies track visitors across websites and collect information to provide customized ads.
Other uncategorized cookies are those that are being analyzed and have not been classified into a category as yet.